Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Its all in the prism.

I was driving home after a lovely meet up with my beautiful friend, Anna. I was gellin' out to some Mumford and Sons and The Head and The Heart. Letting my mind wander where it wanted to. I was just allowing myself to enjoy the relaxing drive home. I was cruising at a steady 75 mph in a middle lane on I-15. An SUV abruptly passed me on the right. They then slowed way down so that they were next to me.

Now, as a side track to this story, I have been complaining that men will pull up next to me and stare at me, smile, wave, and continue to drive right next to me... for miles. And yes, this does happen to me quite often, nearly everyday. (It makes sense...the '96 Geo Prism reels them in every time.) What exactly do they think is going to happen? Do they think I am going to flash them? We aren't sharing some special connection. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Now back to the evening at hand. We drove side by side for about 15 seconds before I turned to look. There was an attractive man driving this other vehicle. I had a good 5 years on him, but he was very good looking. He was trying to get my attention. I became concerned thinking there was something wrong with my car and so he is trying to flag me down to draw my attention to it. He had his window down and was mouthing (or possibly yelling) his words very deliberately. I did not understand what he was trying to tell me. I mouthed, "What?" He began again, very slowly, "YOU........ARE......PRETTY....." I straight LOLed at this and responded, "Thank you." He then, again slowly, mouthed, "DO YOU WANT TO GET A DRINK?" He raised his hand to his mouth and mimed like he was drinking. I shook my head and said "No, thank you." He snapped his fingers as if to say, "Ah shucks." He waved goodbye, I waved back, and he sped ahead. I thought to myself, "I love you Southern California."

So, I just got asked out while traveling at 75 mph on I-15. Did that just happen? I declined his offer without really thinking about it (which is a pattern I am trying to break.) I still would have given the same response even after thinking about it. I was tired and had to be up early the next morning. But it got me thinking. Am I the kind of the girl that would say yes to that offer? I think I might be. My pre-blog persona would probably have said "absolutely not." But now that I have brought attention to the mischievous side of myself and created this desire to have entertaining stories to share...I think Jaime Boots just may be that kind of girl. Makin' it happen and heatin' things up.



This is the soundtrack to the story.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha.
    oh geez.
    it is the prism, though.
    for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan...hahahaha...you knew this...hence your prepared wedding toast. I am also thinking that when I do get married I will not be wearing white. This way you will have even more material.

    Rachelle...it's totes the prism.

    ReplyDelete