Wednesday, April 20, 2011

And I don't even partake.

I hope everyone had a very happy and enjoyable 420. Since I was about 15 years old I have been very entertained by the concept of 420. That there is a number, time, and/or date associated to the use of the drug is hilarious to me. My mother was not a fan of our constant discussion about THC and she did not share our amusement of 420. She could not wait for "this phase to be over." If only she could have seen into the future.

The topic of 420 has become commonplace in my family's home. Beverly Jean the action machine jumped on board and became a full fledged fan of 420. If one is ever asked a number or time related question, the answer is always 420. I recall one instance involving my marmy. I had a voicemail from her stating that she had called the hospital to check on an uncle who was there at the time. "You will be happy to know that he was discharged at 4:20." I was happy to know that. I was even more happy that my mom made the connection.

One year my sister and I celebrated 4/20 in Park City. She bought me a 420 gift. She turned the lights off, and I had to search around the condo and find the magnificent present. It was nothing less than amazing.

BEST SHIRT EVER. Thanks sister!

(Wow...this video is over a minute long? There was really no need for it to be longer than 10 seconds...and yet here we are...)

We have already discussed my love for nicknames. Here are some of the various nicknames for the drug THC commonly known as known as Marijuana.

pot, weed, cannabis, dope, grass, ganja, giggle weed, Aunt Mary, Mary Jane, joint, blunt, doobie, chronic, nug (this one is probably my favorite!), rego, wacky tobacky, bud, herb, trees, indo, smoke, diggety dank, cheeba, canny banny, left handed tobacco, endo, Kansas ditch weed, hooch, Marley flower, and so many more!

I will leave you with the advice that I gave at least one kid when I worked for Juvenile Justice Services, "You don't take your pot to school."

4 comments:

  1. there are not words to describe how fantastic i think this post is. if i didn't currently work for jjs, i would absolutely post something like this myself...but i just finished code of ethics training and, in good conscience, i'm avoiding the very appearance of. but it doesn't stop me from commenting here...and wes and i talked about that tidbit of advice today...along with the fact that no one would know if we were doing drugs cause we probably act the same...especially him. such good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not to mention the shirt...now, does the shirt play the music, or did you add that for effect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There truly is something magical about 4:20. Next time we're together I'll show you my impression of taking a bong rip, it's so accurate you'll get totally bombed from the second hand smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelle, JJS really does cramp styles...but I still miss you guys (and the crazy kids.) The shirt doesn't play that song...I WISH!

    Mugs, I am practically high in anticipation. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete