Sunday, June 19, 2011

Friends are creative.

When working with kids in JJS, one HAS to have a sense of humor. If you don't you will want to quit every hour of every shift, or just freak out, or choke someone out, or go to your car and cry. In order to help the working conditions to be more pleasurable, staff frequently come up with creative ideas. Here is one such idea sent to me in a text from a friend that I met while working JJS in Ogden.

"They have one of my favorite kids there now. He's the one that I told him he should rhyme all day and he did and it was amazing. 11 minutes into it Barry said "what the f*** is wrong with you emily?". I laughed really hard. That day consisted of a lot of "thanks em, you're a gem". How can that be bad? Or "please open the door so I don't poo on the floor". Fact-it never got old."

If I had been there, I would have laughed at each rhyme. I do not believe that would ever get old me to either! Just like it never got old having the kids make fun of the staff as they lifted weights. Always funny...


No comments:

Post a Comment