Sunday, June 5, 2011

Recycling is good for the environment

I would like to say that I have been productively busy and this is the reason for my lack of posting this week. But this would be a lie. And I am not Erny the Urn. I tell truths! (Love you Eryn...) I have been busy with nonsensical things, but I have been having a grand time. I am doing a bit of recycling today. In 2009 I wrote "25 Random Things" on Facebook. So here it is...recycled and revamped a bit for the blogger.

1. I love to judge things on a scale of 1-10. I define the scale and have people report to me their feelings using a number. Taylor loves me a 100 (or "until the rainbow comes"...depending on his mood.)

2. I crave a good, solid, and entertaining last name. So far my favorites are Boots, Boozer, McCool, Bamey, and I am open to suggestions. The 2 names I am called most frequently are Jaime Boots and Jaime Bamey. Those are good names!!

3. I hurt my neck doing a series of cartwheels while at work. That's right...I was doing cartwheels at work. I have a really good job. If you are going to try doing some gymnastics while at work, I suggest you follow Baugh's example and warm up first. THIS INJURY COMES BACK EVERY OTHER MONTH. I SURE HOPE THOSE KIDS APPRECIATED MY SACRIFICE.

4. I love the steam room at the gym. I do not love naked women doing the bicycle while in the steam room at the gym.

5. When I was in the second grade I had a really scary teacher. She was old and mean. She grabbed me by my arm with her nails once. Another time she pushed me into the chalkboard and the corner of the ledge that holds the chalk ripped my shorts and gave me a huge bruise. She was terrifying. At this time I was so shy (and scared) that my teacher thought I didn't know how to read. She sent me to the special education reading class. While in this class, the special education teacher had me read some things and do some testing. The next day I was taken to the advanced reading and math classes.

6. I have been hit on by a drunk cross dresser.

7. I love to dance. I love to dance with friends or alone. I love to dance at home, clubs, bars, the street, my front porch, I especially love car dancing. Do not confuse loving to dance with being good at dancing. I love the ridiculousness of it all. Dancing for countless hours with Anekins on a cruise. Baugh imitating Salt and Peppa's "Push it" while at a dive bar in Ogden. Car dancing during several road trips to California (Beaver Las Vegas!) Karaoke/Lip Syncing nights at the MIC. Not being able to "get no satisfaction" at Cambridge. Skipping the gym and pumping up the jam in P-town. Dancing is always a good idea. Can I get an "Amen"?

8. I used to HATE my curly hair. I thought it was ridiculous looking and could not figure out why anyone would think it could possibly be cute. I now LOVE my curly hair. I feel the most myself when I let my wild mane fly free.

9. In October 2008 I had 2 important realizations, both of which I had to swallow my pride and admit to Jenessa. 1- I like to dress up for Halloween, and 2- I like to have my nails painted.

10. When I was 9 years old I was sleeping in my bedroom. I woke up and there was a man kneeling by my bed, watching me sleep. It was creepy. To make a long story short, I slept on a mattress on the floor in my parents bedroom for a good 6 or 7 months.

11. My 2009 New Year's resolution is to be able to do the splits. I will make it, and it will be amazing. I DID NOT MAKE THIS GOAL. IT IS STILL A GOAL I INTEND ON ACCOMPLISHING.

12. I am kind of a gamer. I like video games. They can't be all complicated though. I love the classic Mario Brother games. I have been known to become addicted to Dr. Mario and Tetris. There was a period of time where I was slightly addicted to Guitar Hero (but we had borrowed it and I had to cram a lot of play time in while we had it.) I am waiting for my Rock Band kit to come in the mail. When it does, its on! It is on like Donkey Kong! (Which was another game I used to be addicted to.)

13. I believe the best breakfast is candy and diet coke. (I use the term "best" loosely here, maybe I should have said "tastiest" or "healthiest.")

14. I was born in Long Beach, California. This explains why I am so ghetto fabulous.

15. I love, love, love, love to travel. I wish I could do more of it in and out of the country. So far I have gone internationally to Mexico, London, Paris, Biaritz (France), Glascow, Edinburough, Oban (Scotland), and Costa Rica. I HAVE NOW ALSO BEEN TO THE CARIBBEAN AND ALL OVER INDIA

16. I have driven the same car since I was 17 years old. My parents bought it for me and I promised them I would drive it for 10 years. I have fulfilled my promise, but the prism is running strong and I love that car. STILL ROCKIN' THE PRISM!!!

17. I have told dozens of juvenile delinquents that I am a master krumper. Where did I learn it? On the streets.

18. My friend Dan told me once that I flirt with people on accident. He said, "You think you are talking. They think you are flirting." Its true.

19. One time when my mom picked me up from work, I had to change my clothes in the car. Later that evening, my dad said to a bunch of my guy friends, "All I want to know is... how my daughter got so good at getting her clothes on and off in a car." Gotta love the papa J.

20. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being hatred and 10 being lots-o-love, I love my job a 10. I wish everyone could find as much contentment and satisfaction in an occupation. I DID LOVE THAT JOB, AND I LEFT WHILE I STILL LOVED IT. A GIRL'S GOTTA DO WHAT A GIRL'S GOTTA DO!

21. I enjoy interjecting movie/TV quotes into everyday casual conversation. There are some obscure quotes that have been thrown out there at times and I like to see who catches on. A few of my favorites, "Who's Anthony? Who's Anthony? My drummer." "We like her dad!" "Oh Kathy!" "Kill him." And of course the classic, "That's what she said." There are hundreds...Thanks BJ.

22. I thought I had mono once for an entire year...turned out I was just really bored.

23. I appear outgoing and super comfortable in all kinds of social situations. I am actually quite the introvert with moments of feeling outgoing. Chances are that inside I am a bit uncomfortable.

24. I laugh...a lot... and kinda loud. I think a lot of things are funny, and I am amused by simple things. People feel torn between liking it and hating it. On the one hand, they feel like they are starring in a def comedy jam as a headliner. One the other hand, they hang out with other people and find out they are not stand up comedians. But then they call me and I assure them that what they said is, in fact, hilarious.

25. And the twenty fifth random thing about me is... I prefer odd numbers to even numbers. I always have.


2 toilets...1 stall...

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE ww quotes. one of my favorites. and i have the tetris/dr.mario addiction as well. sometimes, when you play a little much, do you see the shapes when you close your eyes? because i do. and they always fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adriane...YES! It is a magical world of Doc Mario where you always get the color you need ridding the world of the evil virus! haha. hilarious! I would be at work, dishing out meds, thinking, "I can't wait to go home and play some NES."

    chelle...you know it skank

    ReplyDelete