Wednesday, June 22, 2011

These are their stories.

Do you ever watch Law and Order, Criminal Minds (Mmmmmm Shemar Moore) or other crime solving shows and think about what would happen if you died or went missing? I think about it all the time. I think about strangers going through all of my stuff. Detectives reading my journals (some of which need to be BURNED, by the way.) I imagine the cavalry rifling through my belongings and analyzing what they find. I literally just shuddered, but then I laughed because I imagined officers in my room, on horseback, looking at my stuff.

officer and horse perform trick

In this electronic age there are numerous modes of media where my life can be tracked. For example, all of the death threats I text to my friends. (Calm down, they threaten me to...) There are the pointless gmail chats that I have. Imagine family members knowing about all the junk I write on the internet. People reading my Skype chats. (What if the video is recorded and stored? Oh Gah!) And there are oh so many Facebook chats. I know Mark Zuckerberg is reading my FB chats. My cousin and I are all over that shit. We like to talk about him and call him names while chatting on FB. Not because we care, but because we hope he is narcissistic enough to have his name flagged so that any time his name is mentioned, he gets to read the reference. Oh Zuckerberg (for the record, I still need to watch The Social Network.)

It isn't like I have a whole lot to hide. I don't have a bunch of deep dark secrets. It's the not having control over the aspects of my life that certain people know. Of course it comes back to control. Thinking about all my private stuff out there for everyone to know... it makes me feel... unsettled.

Now back to my Skype...

Shemar can be involved in my
personal business anytime he wants.
http://www.thesaudavoice.com/.a/6a00e55291ee8488330111688654a6970c-pi

"In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad, known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories."

2 comments:

  1. holy shit...peeing.

    first...how rad would be to have that dun-dun sound on your phone...like as a message alert? it would be amazing.

    second...horseback? i can't even breathe, that makes me laugh so hard.

    third...i would be a victim to any crime if shemar mooore was the one that was going to solve said crime and save me.

    fourth...heinous is my favorite word. and i consider myself part of an elite squad at jjs. just so you know.

    and finally...zuckerberg totally has his name flagged. why wouldn't he? and after you see the movie, you will believe that even more.

    thanks for sharing...i'm glad it turned into a blog post instead of just a comment.

    oh...and for the record...i've never thought about what people would find about me if i went missing...but now i will. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a genius idea for me to have the dun dun as my text message alert. Now I feel like I NEED it!

    I am not sure if you meant to write Shemar Moore's name with an extra o or not...but I like it. I want some more of Shemar Moooooore!

    Elite squad at JJS. Hahahaha. And true. I feel like Wes would really like this. "It is a fine Juvenile Justice Day!"

    Lastly, you're welcome for the thought. Seriously, if there was an investigation into my life, it would be really embarrassing. For a lot of people...

    ReplyDelete