Friday, June 10, 2011

Sometimes I use profanities.

Ok... I swear. As in, I use swear words. As in, I do not do a whole lot of censoring. As in, for the most part, I feel that cursing adds humor to situations. As in, I do not have a testimony about not swearing.

I don't curse like a sailor, but I am no lady (when it come to my language.) I take it down a notch for certain company. It isn't about being something I am not. It is about respecting others and realizing they do not want to hear it (i.e. my mom and some other people's moms.) There are certain words that are just off limits for me because they are a bit to harsh and cross into the vulgar. There is one word that I am worried about adding to my vocabulary. The word itself doesn't offend me. In some contexts I do not appreciate it. In other contexts I am cool with it. And in other contexts, it is totes hilarious to the max. The reason I have not added this word to my repertoire is simply due to fear. My fear is that it would take over. That I would lose all intelligent language and this infamous powerful word would take over. That it would spread into my vocabulary like alien herpes in Roswell, NM (that's right, I just made a SciFi reference.)

Another friend and I have been toying with an idea. To take 1 day and use the profane word in every possible way that can be thought of. In ways that make our sentences completely incoherent and even the speaker isn't sure what is going on. We are super amused by the idea but have not had the lady balls to follow through with it. I have several friends who support my decision to use the notorious word. They want to be there to witness the christening of the word into my vocabulary. They are advocates for this extension of my jargon. This word will not make me sound more profound, adept, or enlightened... but damn...it would be funny. Another friend of mine is hesitant to support me in my use. He has pinned this word as the beginning of his downfall. (That and being an ass the first 29 years of his life.)

I have not made a decision either way quite yet. Feel free to express your opinions. But the decision is mine and mine alone. I am aware of the possible consequences of my actions. I believe one such consequence is me becoming even more awesome than I already am! (I know, you weren't sure it was possible, but one can always improve...)

For your viewing/listening pleasure.

*This post was inspired by a post written by a friend of mine. Honesty really is the best policy. I feel better after sharing. Thank you for the public forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment